Monday, January 23, 2012

And the Oscar Goes to...

Tomorrow morning the 2012 Oscar nominations will be announced with The Artist as this year's frontrunner for best picture (with The Descendants at a close second). I also cannot help but root a little for one of my personal favorites from this year: Midnight in Paris from director Woody Allen. With TEN spaces for potential best picture nominees there may be plenty of other films receiving nods (Hugo, Tree of Life) but these three are the frontrunners in my mind.

I am also excited to see whether Elizabeth Olsen will garner a nomination for her role in Martha Marcy May Marlene although the best actress race will almost certainly be between Meryl Streep in The Iron Lady (who took home the Golden Globe for best actress in a drama), Michelle Williams in My Week with Marilyn (who took home the Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy/musical) and Viola Davis in The Help (a movie I watched for the second time last night and that never fails to make me cry).

A champagne toast to the fact that the Oscar countdown will finally begin tomorrow morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment