Monday, January 23, 2012

More than a Rebound: How I Got Over Being Dumped by Domino

I will never forget the day that I learned Domino magazine was canceled.

I received a letter in the mail that the magazine was no longer going to be coming to my house each month and that in its place I would be receiving Martha Stewart. I still cannot look at a Martha Stewart magazine on a newsstand without feeling the injustice: that magazine survived  white collar prosecution and public persecution of the woman behind the brand and Domino magazine closed without fanfare, breaking the news to me in a form letter.

An assistant at Domino named Michelle Adams decided that the format that gave Domino a loyal following was not a losing formula but one that simply needed to be reinvented for the digital age. The result? Lonny Magazine. The best part? I finally got over when Domino dumped me and left me with a stack of gardening editorials and craft templates.

Get to know Michelle Adams





Get to know Lonny Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment